New vaccines such as Newcastle, Rinderpests tissue culture, Foot and Mouth disease, and Rift Valley fever vaccines were produced in 1948, 1963, 1973, and 1978, respectively The Veterinary Serum Laboratory became an independent institute, affiliated with the Agricultural Research Center (ARC) in 1983 and was renamed the Veterinary Serum and Vaccine Research Institute (VSVRI) , because of its gained International recognition and export of its vaccines to Arab, African, and Asian countries in 1980. VSVRI carries out its role of protecting animals and poultry against contagious and infectious diseases through the production of about 50 various biological products, vaccines.
The Laboratory's mission continued to grow - in 1928 vaccines for haemorrhagic septicaemia, fowl plague, and fowl cholera, and products such as mallein, were prepared for the first time. Research continued to develop more sera and vaccines necessary for protecting animal recourses. In the 1934, Rinderpest vaccine was produced, and in 1937, used to immunize cattle. Furthermore, the severe epizootic outbreak of African Horse Sickness in 1944 resulted in an urgent large scale vaccine production program. The following period saw considerable laboratory expansion and new building construction in accordance with the demands of different services.